paszkowski-caffeconcerto2-2560.jpg

History

A style and tradition unchanged by time, a passion and a quest for exclusivity since 1846.

City stage since 1846

The Caffè Concerto Paszkowski was founded on the same site as the Caffè Centrale, one of the first cafes in Piazza della Repubblica.

In 1903, the establishment took on the name Paszkowski when it was acquired by the Società Carlo Paszkowski & C., pioneers in the Italian beer industry. It became a beer hall and cafe featuring Florentine musical evenings in the style of a Live Music Cafe.

In the early 1900s, the Caffè Paszkowski became well-known as a “literary cafe” welcoming intellectuals and writers such as Prezzolini, D’Annunzio, Soffici, Papini, Montale, Saba, and Pratolini.

Unchanged since its inception, today the Caffè Concerto Paszkowski remains an elegant concert stage and cafe right in the heart of Florence.

It was designated as a National Monument in 1991.

 
 Piazza della Repubblica in a vintage image
 Caffè Paszkowski - vintage image
 Piazza della Repubblica, Firenze, in a vintage image